Instrumental Concert @ 11:00 – Choral Concert @ 3:00
2021-2022 All-State BOC COVID-19 Update
We are excited to announce that at this time, All-State BOC will be in person at UMaine, Orono from Thursday, May 19th-Saturday, May 21, 2022!
There will be changes to the festival, which are described below. The following is a working document and updates will be made in response to current conditions. Please be sure that teachers, students, and parents alike understand and will fully support these requirements.
- Everyone attending the festival will need to provide proof of full vaccination (final dose administered no later than May 5th, 2022) OR a negative PCR COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to attending the festival. PCR tests can sometimes show a positive result if you have recently recovered from Covid-19. If you are diagnosed with Covid-19 within 90 days of the festival, we recommend that you have testing done by your doctor at that time because PCR tests can remain positive for several weeks after having Covid. We will need documentation from your healthcare provider that you have recently had Covid-19 and are released from quarantine. This includes students, teachers, conductors, accompanists, and audience members.
- Masks and bell covers will be optional
- All Students, teachers, conductors and accompanists must read the following information:
By registering for and attending this event, I acknowledge that I fully understand the nature and extent of the risks presented by COVID-19 due to my in-person attendance at this event, including the risk that COVID-19 may lead to severe illness or death. I also understand and acknowledge that there are risks of exposure to COVID-19, whether resulting from travel through high risk areas, the failure of other individuals to follow proper COVID-19 protocols, such as maintaining proper social distancing and proper hygiene measures, and other such risks. While I understand that MMEA has taken reasonable steps to address the risks presented by COVID-19, I recognize that the COVID-19 protocols being utilized at the event may be insufficient to prevent my contracting COVID-19 and suffering any related injuries, and that I expressly nevertheless assume all of these risks.
With full knowledge of the risks involved, therefore, I hereby release, waive, and discharge MMEA, its officers, directors, employees, contractors, and agents, from any and all liability, loss, damage, claims, demands, actions, and causes of action whatsoever, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, directly or indirectly arising out of or related to any loss, damage, injury, or death, that may be sustained by me while participating in this event or while in, on, or around the event premises that may lead to exposure or harm due to COVID-19.
The final decision regarding the festival format will be made as close to the festival date as to be made responsibly. The All State BOC Festival Chair, Ensemble Managers, Executive Committee, host and other officials will be included in the decision-making process. Teachers will be informed as quickly as possible if moving to Scenario B or C is deemed necessary.
MMEA is working hard to be offering this festival in person again. Thank you for your support as we bring live music making back to our students!