Student & Parent Information
What To Bring
- STUDENT BEDDING: You must bring your own pillow, sheets and blankets (or sleeping bag), towels and facecloths.
- CONCERT ATTIRE- Please see below for requirements
- All necessary supplies, such as reeds, and DON’T FORGET YOUR PENCIL! Chorus members should keep a water bottle with them.
BAND AND ORCHESTRA STUDENT EQUIPMENT:
- A) ALL Instrumentalists: bring a good wire stand WITH YOUR NAME ON IT, YOUR CELL NUMBER, YOUR SCHOOL NAME, AND YOUR TEACHER'S NAME to All-State with you.
- B) All brass players must bring mutes if required in your music. Check with your director if you are not sure what mute they are asking for.
- C) Percussionists should bring all sticks and mallets required to cover their parts. Bass drum, gong and specialty mallets will be provided.
Concert Attire Requirements
CONCERT DRESS CHECK FOR ALL STUDENTS
On Thursday night you will have your Concert Attire checked by your dorm chaperone. Please make sure you have paid close attention to our expectations. We are expecting FORMAL BLACK! If you are missing an item or have inappropriate attire your teacher will be notified and you will need to correct the issue and have your attire checked again on Friday night. We are expecting your clothes to be tasteful and modest—that means there should be no excessive skin showing. For skirts, there should be no slits rising above the knee.
If your Concert Attire does not fit these criteria, you will not be allowed on stage.
Formal Black Concert Attire Criteria:
Shirt: Solid Black long sleeve (wrist length) formal dress shirt
Pants/Skirt: Solid Black formal dress pants or ankle length black skirt.
Ties: Solid Black
Shoes: Solid Black formal dress shoes
Socks/Nylons: Solid Black
Solid Black Concert Dresses: If your school provides formal floor length black dresses for your students those are acceptable for concert attire provided the sleeves are full length. If your dresses are short sleeved the addition of a full sleeved cardigan or bolero is acceptable to bring them up to dress code.
*Please note that leggings, yoga pants, and jeans are not considered appropriate concert attire. Also Solid Black means Solid Black, no patterns please!